Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nestle Mixed Juice KitKat

Mixed Juice KitKat

Every time I review a snack, I try to approach it with an open mind. Whether it's something I know well or something I suspect I won't like, it helps to try and forget expectations and taste as if everything were brand new. Of course, a little prejudice is normal and unavoidable - taste buds are strongly tied to memory.

I ordered some Mixed Juice KitKats from NapaJapan, knowing full well that they wouldn't be a likely hit with me. It was quite a challenge to forget that notion as I sampled it, but review blogs are 99% subjective, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Mixed Juice KitKat

The KitKat smelled like sweet fruity cream, and at first, all I could taste was white chocolate. After the chocolate melted a bit, the fruit flavors emerged, but I could only pick out banana and a hint of peach. When mixed in with other fruits, banana tends to dominate, so I wasn't surprised.

It wasn't bad, just very sweet and heavy on the banana. In a lot of ways, it reminded me of the vegetable juice KitKat of last year, without the nasty aftertaste. Overall, it was a forgettable KitKat and one of the weaker offerings so far this year.

Check out more reviews at Jen's KitKat Blog, Japanese Snack Reviews, Tasty Japan, and Razterized.

C+

KitKat website

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

It's interesting because I mainly picked up the apple. As you say, reviews are mostly subjective. I think all of our tongues have different sensitivities! I think though that everyone I've read a review for this from felt it was pretty average though I haven't read every review. ;-)

ebidebby said...

I think my taste buds automatically pick out and reject banana-flavored things that aren't actually bananas. I read another review where the reviewer only tasted peach. The overall consensus does seem to be "meh."