Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kanro Pure Shikwasa Gummy

Shikuwasa Pure Gummies

Okinawa is on my list of places I must visit before I die, but until I get there, I will sustain myself with Okinawan candy. After trying these gummies, I think it might be possible.

Before trying these, I had no idea what shikwasa was, other than a citrus fruit. According to Wikipedia, it is also known as Citrus depressa, and because of its sour taste, shikwasa can be used in cooking like lemon or lime. Because it is native to Asia, it doesn't show up in my local supermarket.

Shikuwasa Pure Gummies

Since I have never tried the actual fruit, I can't comment on the authenticity of these candies, but they did smell like a sweet citrus fruit without smelling like floor polish. The gummies were quite sour with a hint of a tropical flavor that distinguished it from lemon.

Of course, the texture was like that of all Pure gummies - firm and chewy, sort of like a thick fruit leather. The sour sugar coating gave a nice crunchy and extra punch of flavor. I could have eaten the whole bag at once! I hope that I can try the real fruit in the near future, because these candies were delicious.

A

Pure website

3 comments:

Orchid64 said...

I am so going to hunt these down now! I love the Pure line, and citrus flavors in particular!

ebidebby said...

I hope you find them! If you've had Shikwasa, please let me know if they taste as they should.

Anonymous said...

how do you get the candy????
I love them my friend brought them from japan