Monday, March 29, 2010

Tirol Ichigo ga Ippai (again)

Ichigo ga Ippai

Like people and animals, snacks follow the circle of life as well. Last winter, a friend sent me the Strawberry 2009 variety pack, and this winter, I received the 2010 version. Thankfully, they are similar, but not identical.

This version includes Strawberry Jelly, Strawberry and Cookie, and Strawberry Condensed Milk, and I'll review them one by one.

Straberry Jelly Tirol

Strawberry Jelly had a strong strawberry scent, and was filled with a bright red gel. The jam center was a tasty and fairly authentic strawberry, but I didn't feel like it went well with the buttery strawberry flavored white chocolate.

Strawberry and Cookie Tirol

Strawberry and Cookie Crunch is basically a strawberry version of Tirol's White & Cookie Crunch. The strawberry flavor was mild, but it didn't really add anything, and I prefer the regular white chocolate version.

Strawberry Condensed Milk Tirol

'Tsubu Tsubu' Strawberry Condensed Milk was, as expected, very sweet and milky. I believe the tsubu tsubu refers to the texture of the strawberry seeds that were found throughout this piece. It reminded me of a strawberry frosting with a hint of crunchiness from the seeds, but it was very, very sweet.

None of these flavors grabbed me, but none of them tasted bad, either. Check out another review of this pack at Pocky Watch.

B-

Tirol website

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

As you know, I've been avoiding these types of variety packs, especially the recycled strawberry ones. :-p

Still, seeing the one with the cookie filling made me want one. ;-)

ebidebby said...

It was interesting, but I really could have done without the strawberry in that one. At least they made it a little different from last year's...