Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wrigley Eclipse Breeze Exotic Mint

Eclipse Breeze Exotic Mint

Cardamom is one of my favorite spices. I don't know about it being exotic, but it is fairly common in Indian cuisine. It's great on rice pudding and in chai tea, but you do have to be careful how much you put in. Once, I made brownies and added too much cardamom, rendering them inedible.

This is the first cardamom gum I've ever seen. There was a berry flavor available as well, but the mint sounded better to me. I had seen pictures of this gum on Flickr, but didn't know it contained cardamom until seeing it at the store. I figured the cardamom wouldn't be distinguishable from the mint.

Eclipse Breeze Exotic Mint

The gum didn't really smell like anything special at all, but from the first chew, the cardamom was obvious. It made for a spicy cooling sensation that was just a tiny bit hot on the tongue. It was very fresh and authentic.

This is unlike any other mint gum I've tried, and I have to hand it to Eclipse for that. The flavor lasted a long time, and the texture was just about right. My husband and I were in agreement - this is a great gum.

The Impulsive Buy and Gigi-Reviews also reviewed this one (and they both liked it).

A

Eclipse website

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You wouldn't know it by looking at the package would you? I would expect it to be orange or something!

I'm not a big fan of cardamom, even in Indian food, but I would give this a go, purely for the creativity factor. :)

I'm a little sad, I haven't found the bright pink gum you reviewed yet!

ebidebby said...

It's not that strong, but the flavor of cardamom is definitely there, and it definitely seemed to help freshen breath.

I hope the bubble gum comes to Australia!