Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tirol Choco Crunch (Namco Edition)

DSC00347

My husband and I both like video games a lot, so when we were in Japan, we spent some time (and money) in arcades. In particular, we played a lot of UFO Catchers (also known as crane games), where players can win toys, candy, or pretty much anything (I've seen lobsters and Kobe beef).

These machines really aren't ever a good value. Maybe I'm just not skilled enough, but I'm fairly convinced they are rigged, or at least very hard to win. Usually, by the time I won something, I've spent more money trying to get it than the prize was actually worth. Amazingly, my husband won these Tirol chocolates on his first try, so it was just 100 yen. I won't mention how much we spent trying to win other things, but let's just say the house won.

DSC00348

The special Namco Pac-man box alone was pretty neat, as were the wrappers. Even though there were 6 package designs, they were all the same flavor: Choco Crunch. They were similar to the White & Cookie Crunch, but with milk chocolate instead of white.

Tirol Cookie Crunch

The chocolate smelled very rich and a little bitter, which was fine by me. They were a very pleasant sweetness with a nice cookie texture. The overall chocolate flavor was mild, with a bit of bitterness from the darker chocolate cookie bits. I enjoyed these as much, if not a little more than their white chocolate siblings.

A-

Tirol Chocolate website

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

The cookie crunch is pretty good actually, even for a white chocolate, so these sound quite good.

I'd never seen this design before, and it looks pretty cool, though I so wouldn't have the patience to get it!

ebidebby said...

I really enjoyed them! They might be around for a while, since they are for the 30th anniversary of Pac-man in 2010.