Sunday, March 21, 2010

Meiji Marron Chocolate

Meiji Marron Chocolate

I apologize for the unannounced review hiatus. A quick vacation and the game Mass Effect 2 have distracted me, but I've been stockpiling candy and reviews in the meantime. I'm ready to move from one nerdy hobby to another.

This review isn't terribly current, as chestnut is a fall flavor in Japan. That's when I bought the bar, and when I ate it. I misplaced my notes, though, and didn't find them until about a week ago, and since there's a good chance the flavor will reemerge next year, I wanted to post it.

Meiji Marron Chocolate

The aroma of this bar was amazing, it smelled just like roasted chestnuts. The smooth filling tasted a bit like coffee, but it was well balanced with the moderately sweet milk chocolate.

The textures of both the filling and the chocolate were wonderful, and the flavors of milk chocolate and chestnut went together perfectly here. My husband and I both enjoyed it thoroughly, and on a side note, the box was very pretty.

A

Meiji website

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

I also loved this bar, and I still see it for sale around town so your review is still timely. Every time I see it, I want to buy another one, but I've got too much candy stockpiled right now.

As far as I'm concerned, marron should be a year-round treat!

ebidebby said...

I agree that marron should be available year-round! Glad to hear it's still available...maybe I should order more.