Friday, October 30, 2009

Meiji Cheesecake Takenoko no Sato

Takenoko no Sato Cheesecake

I am a dessert person. However, cheesecake is not one of my favorites. It's so rich that I can't ever seem to eat a whole piece (even though I can put away a lot of cake), and I'm lactose intolerant.

Still, I purchased this cheesecake Takenoko no Sato because the line hardly ever steers me wrong. These are much bigger than the normal chocolates and they come individually wrapped. The flavor is Takesato's cheesecake, although I don't know if Takesato is a real person.

Takenoko no Sato Cheesecake

The smell of these reminded me of cheese cracker sandwiches or Cheese Whiz, which was a big turn off. After touching them, my fingers smelled like that, too. I could smell a little white chocolate sweetness, and my husband thought they smelled just like cheesecake. Luckily, they didn't taste like electric orange cheese.

The chocolate itself was sweet, but not cloying, and the cookie center reminded me of shortbread. It lacked the sharp tang that often comes with cheesecake, but I didn't mind. I was too busy being impressed with the mildly sweet white chocolate and vanilla flavor. As usual, the textures went well together. Even though the chocolate was very rich, in a nice small portion, I was pleased.

B

Meiji Website (Japanese)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

My husband just about inhaled these! I didn't mind them either.

My only problem with the big ones is they only put a few in the whole box...it always seems more expensive than it should be.

ebidebby said...

Yeah, it did seem like there were even fewer than usual. :/

boo said...

ARRGH! You are reading my snack backlog mind! I picked these up on my last Asian Grocery Store run.

ebidebby said...

I will be interested to see what you think of it!