Thursday, December 6, 2012

Butlers Butterscotch Milk Chocolate

Butlers Butterscotch

Let's skip the part where I explain why I haven't blogged in so long. If anyone is still reading, I'm sorry for my absence! Please accept my sincere apology, and my gratitude. My chocolate and candy consumption certainly hasn't slowed down, and I went over my dental insurance limit for the year, so I may as well blog about it!

Butlers is an Irish brand of chocolate, but my local superstores carry a decent selection of bars. For such a comforting, homey flavor, I haven't seen many butterscotch chocolate bars in stores, so this Butlers bar stood out.

Butlers Butterscotch

The milk chocolate was embedded with tiny, toffee-like pieces of butterscotch, and it smelled just a little toasty (in a good way). The butterscotch pieces were first crunchy, then chewy, and they were surprisingly flavorful. I could taste buttery nuttiness and hints of burnt sugar.

The milk chocolate had a good consistency, despite being a little sticky. It had a moderate cocoa flavor that played nicely with the buttery pieces. The bar was a bit too thick, but I did appreciate that it was firm and had a decent snap for milk chocolate. The finish was a little too sweet for me, but on the whole, I was pleased.

B+

Butlers Chocolates

No comments: