Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vosges Matcha Bar

Vosges Matcha Bar

I can't remember where I got this, but There are places that sell Vosges chocolate bars for less than $8. Of course, $6 is still expensive, but it feels a little better.

In any case, I love matcha, so I had to try the Vosges Matcha Bar. It's delicious. At 41% cacao, it isn't super dark (and I love dark), but it was very rich. the bar was very easy to savor for this reason, and one square at a time was satisfying. It was really some of the best chocolate I've had, but I don't pretend to be a chocolate expert. The texture was very smooth and glossy (sorry about not having a picture), and it had a nice snap. There are tasting instructions right on the box, in case you wanted the full experience.

The matcha flavor is delicious and not too strong, so it should please more people than something like the Meiji Rich Matcha bar. Although I love matcha more than most people, I didn't wish this bar had a stronger flavor. It's very good as it is.

In the end, I think Vosges makes delicious chocolate, but it's definitely not worth buying often. There's plenty of less expensive chocolate that is right up there as far as taste and flavor originality. I knocked the rating down just a tiny bit because of the price; even matcha chocolate imported from Japan is cheaper, and yet still delicious.

A-

Vosges Haut-Chocolate

No comments: