Friday, September 19, 2008

Nestle Mint Aero

Two Aero Bars

More candy from my husband's and my trip to Toronto! I took a picture of both milk and mint Aero bars, but we gave away the milk chocolate one. This picture was taken in the car because I knew we wouldn't wait to try the mint flavor.

I had heard of Aero before in Japan but never tried it. Apparently, it was sold in the US in the 1980s, but unfortunately didn't catch on. While in Toronto, I spied caramel and dark chocolate flavors, too, but had already spent way too much money on candy.

Aero

Aero was not at all like I thought it would be! It was so light, airy (hence Aero, I imagine), and smooth. For some reason, I was expecting it to be more like Nestle Crunch or Lotte Crunky, but it wasn't at all crunchy. I can't say I really "felt the bubbles melt" because I didn't really feel the bubbles, but it was quite a pleasant experience.

The taste was a lot like a giant Andes mint, but a little milder. I was glad my husband and I split the bar because I don't think I could have finished it, but it was delicious. Great for mint chocolate fans. However, it did upset my stomach, and I later noticed that milk was pretty high on the ingredients list. So next time, I'll come prepared.

B+

Nestle Website

4 comments:

Connie said...

OMG I love Aero I bought the milk chocolate one all the time in Japan...never saw the other flavors...I think I had strawberry before...I totally would have bought the mint one all the time if I ever saw it.

ebidebby said...

I heard they had Green Tea Aero in Japan! I bet it's delicious.

Connie said...

I either had that, or saw it...I'm leaning more towards saw it though. I'm sure you can easily find it in Japan.

Tasura said...

I'm glad I live in Canada, where Aero can be found everywhere. Mint Aero are delicious.