Monday, August 11, 2008

100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps

Oreo 100 Calorie Pack

I like 100 Calorie Packs. They are a little overpriced, but it's nice to have someone think of portion control for you. I was always curious about this Oreo pack, even though I'm not big on Oreo cookies. Normally, I stick to a safer shortbread or graham cracker, but I decided to go out on a limb and try them.

Oreo Thin Crisps

They definitely don't taste like Oreos. Oreos are all about the creamy center, which isn't even replicated here. Maybe a light frosting would have helped? I'm not sure. They were more like chocolate crackers, and they reminded me of chocolate Teddy Grahams, only not graham cracker-y. Seeing as I really like chocolate Teddy Grahams and am not huge on the creamy frosting, I didn't mind. They're not amazing or anything, but a decent snack.

Of course 100 Calorie Packs aren't going to make you lose a lot of weight or anything, but if you have trouble with portion control, these might help. If you're really craving Oreos, though, I don't think the Oreo thin crisps are gonna do it. They have other 100 Calorie Packs that are just smaller versions of normal cookies, like Keebler Fudge Stripes and Sandie's Shortbread, so those might be a better way to go.

In short, there's no way these are gonna kill a chocolate craving, but they aren't bad. If you're not dieting, I wouldn't bother. Chocolate Teddy Grahams are better (and cheaper) chocolate crackers, and if you do like Oreos, these aren't even close.

B

Nabisco Website

No comments: