Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mars Strawberried Peanut Butter M&Ms

Strawberried Peanut Butter M&Ms

While grocery shopping, I was on the lookout for these M&Ms. The Mint Crispy M&Ms that came out with the most recent Indiana Jones movie were quite tasty, and I looked forward to trying another limited edition movie tie-in (the new Transformers movie) M&M.

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, despite having them every day at school pretty much until college. I wanted to get a small bag, but the only size my grocery store had was the medium bag. Thanks to a review from Candy Blog, I knew that M&Ms were similar to regular peanut butter M&Ms, only with strawberry flavored chocolate.

Strawberried Peanut Butter M&Ms

The little speckles on the pieces were really cute, and the pieces smelled like berries. The fruity chocolate was a much better match for the peanut butter than I thought it would be, and with the peanut butter, it reminded me of strawberry cake or cookies. The saltiness goes well with the berry taste.

I can't say I liked them better than regular peanut butter M&Ms, but Mars has made a combination that I never would have imagined working here into a pretty good candy. The novelty factor is high, but the taste isn't so bad, either.

B+

Mars Website

6 comments:

Orchid64 said...

I think my husband might like these as they may be like having P,B & J with strawberry jam, but it sounds like a nasty combo to me. However, I'm not a fan of anything strawberry unless it's the real deal so I'm pretty fussy.

ebidebby said...

I thought they would be gross, too, but they were much better than I thought they would be. And the strawberry flavor was probably in the mid-range as far as authenticity - not perfect, but not fake, either.

Kelly said...

I'm not really a fan of American peanut butter, I find it too salty. I would like to try these though. :) We only have the peanut m&m's in Aus, no peanut butter, and we don't eat PB&J together, so I'm not sure how I would react though it would be interesting to try at least. :)

ebidebby said...

The peanut butter in M&Ms seems much sweeter than even normal peanut butter to me, but it's still quite salty. I think it goes well with the chocolate, though. Definitely a candy I wouldn't have thought of!

Anonymous said...

These sound kinda delicious. I'd never heard of them before, but now I want to try them.

ebidebby said...

I'll put some out tomorrow for everyone. I was thinking I wouldn't tell anyone they had strawberry chocolate and see what happens.